Tuesday 4 January 2011

Did I choose the right name for this blog?

As you can see from the archive I have only just created this blog. I created it as a place for me to discuss and share with you something I know a lot about Struggling to come to terms with being gay. My intention was that others who are in the same position as me would read it and take comfort in the fact the others feel the same way as they do. My posts have been written from the heart, and are a true explanation of my feelings, they are not specifically written as help guides or advice columns.

Now I wonder whether I have done the right thing. For people who are out their looking for help and comfort is my blog too negative? Will it really help people to read this stuff or will it upset and hinder them? If that is the case I shall stop.

For me, being gay is a struggle. It has been a struggle to come to terms with personally, it has been difficult for me to plan the rest of my life in respect of it and the coming out process has taken me many years. Despite all these things I am getting there, and I now know I will be happy in the future. Hopefully my exploration of my own thoughts and experiences here will help you picture where you are on your own journey.

Good luck - head up xxx

2 comments:

  1. Perhaps you should have called it 'My gay struggle'?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes - good point, perhaps I should.

    ReplyDelete