Friday 31 December 2010

New years eve - Happy new year!

Well it is new years eve and if I am going to post today it probably should be topical. Christmas / New Year  serves as a good land mark in our lives and it is usually around now that I will start to think about what I want to achieve in the next year and look back on the year just past.

Doing this is usually depressing. As I looked at my personal life last year the things I wanted to have changed, hadn't. I was still only out to a handful of people, not able to spend time with my boyfriend at home and for the most part living a lie. The frustrating thing is that the blocking factor was only my own guts.

When I look back this year, I have of course not achieved everything I could have, but I have made some solid progress. Most importantly I am now completely out to my housemates. This has opened the door to a whole new (and much enhanced) life. My boyfriend is accepted and liked by them and he can come over and stay without having to pretend or sneak around the house like a burgler. It has also meant that we as a couple can spend time with other people and act in a normal and relax manner like any other couple does. This combined with him living so close by has taken our relationship to a whole new level of happiness.

My main ambition for next year is to spread this further and deal with some of the problems with my parents reaction to my sexuality. Although, I know that is going to be a lot lot harder.

Happy new year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment